Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Entry #23-4.84A

Dear Stardate Log:

After many years of preparation, today I began the first day of my blog. There shall be no ground rules, only a caveat that I may do whatever I wish with this small corner of cyberspace.

To most, this blog is free; however, I say that free is a relative term. Free does not necessarily mean free of monetary cost, though one could argue that an opportunity cost (see economics definition) does have monetary value. Additionally, we try to assign a value to our time spent on certain activities. Would that mean that the value of your time with a certain activity is correlated to the activity's utility (yet another economic term) to the participant?

Let's assume spending time with my family may be priceless for me, though for you, spending time with my family is worthless. Or does the value of our time correspond to our billable rate from work?

As you may have noticed, tangental discussions will be common, if not rampant on this blog. Be prepared for nothing and for everything...you never know what you will get.

No comments: