Friday, November 03, 2006

Note to Self

It seems that almost every day someone is being arrested or investigated for having some sort of 'hit list' or turning in a report talking about murdering specific people or just going on a violent, lethal rampage. For most of us, when we make off-hand comments like, "I would like to kill that guy!" we don't literally mean we want to go that person's school or home or business to blow their brains across the room and onto the wall. What we mean is, "That guy is so frustrating! I wish I didn't have to deal with him!" It's never the majority who attempt the unthinkable. Most of us are too comfortable living the status quo to want to disrupt anything, for good or bad. The police, the FBI, the CIA and other crime fighting organizations are in business because of the minority who feel compelled to follow through with threats- threats that aren't as empty as we would like them to be. There are others in the minority, however, that want to make the world a better place...and maybe make some money along the way. If it weren't for these people, I wouldn't be writing this blog today. Blogs, the internet, power plants and all that other cool technology that I have no clue how it works would not exist if a few people had decided to stay complacent. But as a note to myself, if I ever get frustrated enough to say something I don't mean, I hope no one is around to hear it and I hope I am not stupid enough to post it anywhere. Keep your noses clean, people.

No comments: