Thursday, December 07, 2006

Half Asleep

When I first opened up this blog to write something, I also opened up 'Utopia' by Thomas More in hopes of finding some inspriational sarcasm. However, I quickly moved on to Plato's 'Republic,' noticing that the actual name of this work depends on the language from which it was translated to English. I won't even bother myself with the details. Soon after that window closed another opened...you guessed it! On Google! I don't even know how I found it, but it had some interesting viewpoints, arguments, counterarguments, hypotheses, regarding religion, policits, economics, philosophy, and other branches of related study. One thing that caught me eye was the comparison between Darwin's theory of evolution and free markets, both involving "sponateous natural order," or chaos theory, or whatever you want to call it. Though not for the faint hearted, it is worth a glance, and in return you might find yourself laughing outloud just a bit. No one ever said politics and humor can't go in the same sentence. Here it is in all its glory: Creation & Darwinism, Politics & Economics, by Kelly L. Ross, Ph.D.

No comments: