Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Gone

A second passes and she is not here. An eternity passes. Her absence lingers and I see that the eternity was only another second. Her memory lives, survives through the ever increasing passage of time that has passed since she left. Her intense eyes caught the light of the stars, increasing the luster and brightness to that of the sun. I yearn to see the moonlight caress her skin. My nose craves the perfume of her hair while my lips ache to taste her in my mouth. Though she is light-years away, the warmth of her body still surrounds me, the music of her voice still rings in my ears. Death cannot be worse than life without her. Agony wrenches my heart, demanding her presence, if for one final moment. In that moment, eternity will live again and I will have my love. For that one moment, as short as it may be, she will know…How could she forget? With each beat my heart calls out my love to her expecting no response, no echo. Finding nothing, I fight through the darkness and frigid air, struggling to find a reason to live. She loved me once, did she not? Is not that enough? It is. If she only loved me for a second, I will have more than enough joy to last a thousand lives, enough warmth to heat a thousand earths. Let me revel in her memory, let me savor my dream, let me love her in her absence.

No comments: