Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Did she really do that?

For the most part, I enjoy P!nk's music (sometimes written as Pink, or even Alecia Beth Moore); however, I think she bordered on blasphemy against Vietnam veterans with her song "My Vietnam." The song starts out fine and you think she's going to talk about freedom or something worth mentioning in the same decade as the Vietnam War. Disappointingly enough, however, she compares feeding the homeless, having a crazy mother, and going to school to Vietnam. Seems more than just a bit disrespectful to all those who fought during that bitter conflict decades ago. I'm sure her experiences taught her, perhaps even left her disillusioned with life or something, but to go to the extreme that she did does not seem appropriate. I will give her the benefit of the doubt on this one, but I think she'd do better sticking to singing about equality of the sexes, being rich, getting laid, driving ghetto cars, flying solo, etc.

No comments: