Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Glimpse of Paradise

The silky sand melts in my palm and gently slides into the air, almost gliding to the ground below to join the rest of the sparkling white grains. A soft breeze pushes the falling sand so that it falls just in front of me, instead of to the side where I let the air pick it up. The humid air is replete with the perfume of the verdent fauna surrounding the beach. Completing the airy mix is the warm sunshine, slowly folding everything together, sometimes peeking from behind one of the few small, billowy clouds keeping close watch on the beach. My ears catch the almost inaudible summer surf washing rythmically over my feet and every so often a moneky howl is echoed by a group of macaws. Light reflecting off the clear, light blue water bathes me, but isn't bright enough to blind me to the sight of a reef, not too far from where I stand. Though I am too far from the reef to see anything in detail, I can clearly make out the bright reds, yellows, blues, oranges, and purples of the tropical fish, fighting to survive in my paradise.

No comments: